image du jour

image du jour

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Couch

A bit weird to be blogging on a couch, but bear with me.

You see, I have an awesome couch. It's a hideous shade of green leather, bought at an upscale garage sale in Spokane a few years ago. That couch is super comfy, though, and long enough for me to sleep on. It's a lovely thing. In fact, when Eric left for Fairbanks he said it was OK 'cause he left his ass print on my couch.

As I've gone through in many recent posts, my sis, Tuck, and 2 dogs are living in my one bedroom apartment. I gave Aims the bed since the couch is a bit too short for someone who is 6'1". She's on the road 3 nights a week so I retake my bedroom on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday nights. The other nights of the week I tend to work late in the park, go hiking, or go off to write. It gives Aims and TJ some time alone, and I get away from the chaos for a while and enjoy my favorite time - night.

Tonight I was joking with Joe that I was in no hurry to go home just so I could surf the couch. You see, although it is quite comfortable, sleeping on it every night is not fun. Particularly since Eddie the wonder dog insists on sleeping on my feet.

I got home tonight after ten and found a dark house, TJ snoring, my sister sleeping on the couch, and fresh sheets and pillows on my bed. Say what you want about family, but that is pure love right there.

Thanks sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment