Since I chatted briefly with Thomas and he was out of the loop about what was going on, thought I'd give a general update
For those of you who are not up to speed, Aims, Tuck, and their dog Bulldozer have moved on up to the GMGM. We're all sharing my 1-bedroom basement apartment. I complain a lot about my lack of personal space and the insatiable appetite of a 13 month old black lab, but I've missed my family and really have never been happier.
Had round 1 of ? at the dentist yesterday. Nasty marble-sized abscess about 1 cm superior to my upper left bicuspid on the medial side. Dentist thought it would drain out with the root canal, but nope. So instead of finishing the root canal, they popped in antibiotics and put a temporary filling in. Hopefully that and the penicillin I've been taking will nail down the infection so we can finish next week. Ho hum.
What else is going on? Trying to get hiking in every good day - been out on Blacktail north of Frog Rock most nights after work just enjoying hiking in the park again. My favorite off-trail hike up on Swan Lake Flats is still under 3+ feet of snow, so I won't be doing that anytime soon.
Getting ready for the 32nd annual Park to Paradise Triathlon that's now (gulp) 10 days away on Saturday May 14th. No, I'm not in the race this year, just the safety coordinator again. I still need to dig up a flagger and a couple safety boaters to fill out the crew. Spoke with the Park Co. Sherrif IC yesterday and we aren't going to get as much help this year from them. Need to call the MHP and see if they can send a patrol car or two to help keep traffic in order. Maybe see if the park wouldn't mind sending someone out between town and Devils Slide. The lovely cattle/bison guard in the middle of the highway is giving me a headache as well. We're still not sure if they are going to remove it and put the concrete plug in, or if we are going to have to deal with it at race time. MT DOT has been wonderful, though. They are fabricating a plywood "bridge" that will cover 4 feet of the southbound lane if the guard isn't out. Just seems like we're having to deal with more things later this year. Fingers crossed for good weather and a safe race!
Other than that, I've been getting my EMS fix, helping with the Mammoth ambulance and working on inventory with one of the ranger/paramedics. It's been a learning experience, and I've gotten to ride along on a couple Gardiner ambulance runs. But I still feel pretty useless and ignorant of the whole process. Both the Gardiner and Mammoth EMS folks are incredible. I'm in awe of their mad skills and just don't know if I will ever be close to as good.
I've been practicing taking vitals - poor Tucker is going to be sick of me taking his pulse really soon. I know the dogs are.
So, what started out as a quick update post has turned onto way more than that! Life is pretty damn good. The days are long, TJ is loving school and his friends, Aims is enjoying her new job, and we are continuing to look for a bigger place to live in for the summer.
Busy but content.
No comments:
Post a Comment