Good thing I grabbed a nap. I wipe the sleep from my eyes and take a swig of water, grab keys, head for the car. I wake up on the drive down the hill. Driving in the twilight and just-dark night begs for animals to step out in the road. None do.
I arrive at the parking lot at 10:40. Pouring rain. I reach in my wallet and pull out the money, folding the crisp hundreds and shoving them in my right front pocket. And wait. Store will be closing in a couple minutes, so I run in to grab a few needed items. My phone rings as I'm at the checkout. He's in the parking lot. White truck, black horse trailer.
We exchange greetings and he digs in the back of his truck. Finds my package. I hand over the cash.
56.9 lbs of bison meat for my freezer. Yay!
What else would I be buying in the middle of the night?
rofl
So I ordered half of a front quarter of a tallgrass-prairie fed bison. The packages are stowed neatly in the freezer and I can't wait to try them. We ordered from http://www.tallgrassbison.com/
Will post reviews once we start up the bbq!
No comments:
Post a Comment