image du jour

image du jour

Monday, August 16, 2010

Missing post?

So I spent a few hours downloading my 2 SD cards (6gb) of photos and video from the first half of the year (yikes), sorted through them, pulled some for the blog, resized them, and THOUGHT I got them posted last night. Guess not.
Spent a lazy evening at the river metal detecting -- haul = 1 dime, 10mm shell casing, huge snelled fish hook. Convinced Ssej to give up taking the recycling up the hill and go along (I valiantly offered to take the party bin of glass up with my stuff today). Corso and Eddie came along too. Eddster still won't go very far into the water, but he isn't as afraid and will come up to me when I'm wading.
Tried out the new fishing rod, the "emmrod" and am not convinced of its prowess. Just used the spinning setup. Need to watch more youtube videos on that one.
Ran into 3 raft/yakers from Boze who were using AlpacaRafts and I'm more stoked than ever to get mine on the river. Theirs were set up for whitewater, with spray decks, and one guy came into the eddy upside-down (said he was testing how far he could take it).
Anyway, I'm not convinced that fishing from my inflatable is a great idea...yet.
Herbs are growing well, and my tomatoes are producing green blobs. Almost cold enough to start bringing them in at night to nestle under the grow light.
How is it mid-August already????

No comments:

Post a Comment