The weather here is horrible. It's either hot and wet, cold and wet, or cold an dry (rare). Never just "pleasant". People here are rude. Now I'm talking service people in general here. They would rather talk to each other, or a friend on the phone rather than helping a customer. Note that WalMart no longer has the "did your salesperson greet you pleasantly today?" question on the electronic pad. People drive like crap down here. Enough said.
Everything molds (back to weather, above) and rusts. I get deathly ill EVERY time I come down here. I'm convinced it's the climate.
The whole place feels like a ghetto, and this is coming from someone who lives in Gardiner for crying out loud. There may be antebellum homes and mardi gras, but it just is not worth the bother. Raze the whole state and drill for the oil. Smells like swamp and petroleum here anyway.
So the big question then is, when are you coming home? (No, seriously, I forget. And I lost the piece of paper that I wrote down the dates on.)
ReplyDelete