Well, finally I have a minute to blog! I'm now in Kissimmee, Florida taking some GIS/Incident Management training, but spent last week hanging out with sis and the boys in Bossier City. Caught a terrible cold (AGAIN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!) and was sick for the first few days, so that sucked. Still have a lingering cough but the worst seems to be over. That's what I get for living in the relatively immunologically sequestered haven of rural Montana.
Got to attend my first Mardi Gras parade on Saturday with Aims, the boys, and their friends - what a hoot! Can't imagine I would have enjoyed New Orleans more. I was just starting to have fun with the kids when it was time to jump on the plane for Florida. I love being at that crazy, loud, busy, fun house! We got some projects done while I was there (see Aimee's blog for more in-depth info) seems like a recurring theme whenever I go visit her. The fixer-upper house is always a work in progress though, so it's to be expected. Still didn't get to see my gator, but I may have a few hours Friday so I'll check into the options here.
So far training has been interesting - mostly focusing on using the FIMT toolset for ArcGIS and general ICS. Some NPS GIS folks I know are here, so good to see them again. Lots of USFS and state foresters as well, so quite a good interagency mix.
The "resort" is not super impressive, but along the lines of what one would expect for a government operation. The weather has been chilly, so being inside is not a chore. Supposed to get better as the week goes on. I'll be home late Saturday night if all goes to plan. Will post pics when I have a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment