image du jour

image du jour

Friday, November 25, 2011

'Hunting' Adventures

View south from the Anderson Place - Crazy Mtns on the left, Absarokas/Gallatins straight ahead.

Successful hunting tip:

If you want to find game, go with me. Then when I make a decision and pick a direction in which to hike, turn 180 degrees and walk the other way.

Needless to say, I did not have any luck yesterday either. Went up the Shields Valley on the recommendation of a couple friends. Saw plenty of deer (no elk), but they were all secure behind POSTED signs.

I have come to the ultimate conclusion that I suck at hunting. I can shoot. I just can't hunt.

So I took my rifle for some long walks yesterday. It was a gorgeous day and a long one.

And I loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. Hunting = walking around the woods with a gun. Killing = walking out to your pig pen with a gun. Much greater success rate.

    ReplyDelete