image du jour

image du jour

Monday, August 22, 2011

Berry Pickin'

Aims, Tuck, the dogs, and I headed out for some berry picking on Saturday. The huckleberries in Jardine are still very green, but Aims had heard about some good raspberries up Tom Miner basin so that was the plan for the day. We checked out some currants in Cinnibar briefly before going up to Tom Miner.
Let me just say, TM is gorgeous! It is also, unfortunately, mostly privately owned so there are a ton of "do not leave roadway, next 4 miles crosses private land" signs. We found a few good patches of raspberries and black currants, and the hucks up there are green or in flower as well. We should have an excellent crop if the frost doesn't get them.
Good day for us, dogs got to run crazy, and I think even Tuck had fun in the end.
Aims is going to make more jam, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment