We had a delegation from the Kenyan Wildlife Service visiting the park this week to discuss benefits sharing. My boss made sure I was available to help (thanks to Ann!) and I had a really good time, minus multiple trips on Wednesday to the airport. Their plane was supposed to arrive at 10:00 in the morning, but they missed the connection in the Twin Cities due to weather and did not arrive until 11:35 that night. Ugh. They got to their hotel in Gardiner almost exactly 24 hours after they left their hotel in D.C.
Surprisingly they were in good spirits and enjoyed their time in Yellowstone. Meetings interspersed with field visits to Mammoth terraces, Norris, and Old Faithful rounded out their days. For the final night, Christie and I thought a casual bbq at my house would be a nice change from restaurants. Aims threw together a miracle spread of delicious food on VERY short notice and fun was had by all. Roast bison, bbq chicken, roasted lake trout, salad, fruit, appetizers, beer and wine all enjoyed in the back yard under beautiful weather by a crackling fire. Doesn't get much better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment