image du jour

image du jour

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fishin...

Well, after my killer craigslist find of 5 spinning rods, huge tackle box (not much tackle), 4 piece 5-weight rod with case, fly vest with net, box of flies, neoprene waders (too small), and boots (perfect fit) $20. That's not a mis-print. Had to drive a bit, but TOTALLY worth it.
Tried spinning at the Gardner/Yellowstone confluence and caught one small rainbow. Had ripped lips so I took it easy and let him go - I use barbless hooks cause I can't stand mangled fishies. Jessi got a picture, I think.
Couple more bites, but no more brought to shore. Salmon flies were hatching so next time I bring the fly rod and try my luck.
I dragged Jessi along and she made me laugh - sitting in a camp chair with her ipod on playing her game boy - getting back to nature!
Eddie actually got his toes wet - perhaps the life jacket was a ridiculous purchase since he barely goes near the water...
Anyway, hope we have better luck when Jeff, Tuck, and pops show up on Friday. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment