image du jour

image du jour

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just another Thursday night in Gardiner




So, I'm just back from Livingston, picking up a convalescing dog with loose bowels. The phone rings. Jessi says, hey, can Trudy and I come over? Sure. Bottle of wine, some leftover venison spaghetti, phone rings again. Heidi. Wants to know if I have "Wedding Crashers" nope, but come over 'cause we're eating and watching the series finale of ER. K, maybe. Phone rings again. A frantic Heidi "THERE'S WATER POURING INTO MY BASEMENT!!!" Did you turn off the water? AAAARRRGGGHHHH! Ok, we'll be right over.


Yup. There's about 1/2 inch of water covering the concrete. Heidi's on the phone with her landlord (who lives in Idaho, not anywhere nearby). Jessi and I are trying to ID a valve we can turn off the water.


I run back for Trudy and found a couple of shop vacs. We have decided that we all earned our Lady Scout merit badges in leaking water heaters. Here's a couple of pics from the fun.


1 comment: